Monday 29 August 2016

Hunter's Chicken

I love Hunter's Chicken and would regularly have it if we went out for a pub lunch before I started Slimming World.  So now I have my amazing LiveLean chicken breasts, I knew I had to make a slimming world version to have at home. I recipe I used was from the blog she cooks, she eats and I just adapted it for myself a little.


This recipe is to serve two people.

Ingredients:

For the BBQ Sauce:

1 Medium Onion
Half a Teaspoon of Chilli Powder (or more if you want it hotter)
200ml Passata
2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons of Sweetener

2 Chicken Breasts
4 Slices of Lean Bacon or Bacon with all Fat Removed
80g Reduced-Fat Cheddar Cheese or 60g of Full Fat Cheddar Cheese (which can be used as your HexA)

Method:

  • Chop onion finely and fry until soft.
  • Add the chilli powder, passata, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and sweetener.
  • Stir and simmer on a medium heat for around 10 minutes or until thick enough.
  • While the sauce is cooking make a small cut in the top of each chicken breast to make a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through the breasts. Place the chicken in a baking dish suitable for the oven.
  • When the sauce is ready, spread evenly between the two breasts, ensuring sauce goes into the pockets made in the chicken.
  • Wrap bacon around the chicken.
  • Place in the oven at around 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
  • Take out of the oven , sprinkle cheese on top and place back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
  • Serve with choice of sides. I made slimming world chips, but should have added green beans or asparagus too for speed.


Happy Cooking!

Leanne x


No comments:

Post a Comment