Tuesday 2 August 2016

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

I absolutely love broccoli, so I was chuffed when I came across this lovely broccoli and cheese soup! It is simple to make, packed with speed foods, free if using your healthy extra A and makes up to three portions to freeze!

I make my soup in a slow cooker because I don't have a soup maker or big enough saucepan to make it any other way! But my friend makes hers in a soup maker, and it takes 30 Minutes! It also blends the soup as it cooks to save blending it at the end. You can also leave the soup chunky if you prefer.



Ingredients:

2 Broccoli heads
1 Onion
1 Leek
1 Medium Potato
2 Vegetable Stock Pots
700ml Boiling Water
6 Laughing Cow Light Blue Triangles.






Method

  • Chop broccoli heads and boil in water to soften.
  • Chop onion, leek and peeled potato and soften in frying pan using frylight.
  • Drain water from broccoli and place in slow cooker with softened onion, leek and potato.
  • Boil 700ml of water in kettle, add vegetable stock pots and mix.
  • Pour mixture in slow cooker and turn to high for 4 hours.
  • When there is 1 hour left, place 6 cheese triangles in the slower cooker and mix it a little.
  • Once finished, allow to cool, then transfer to a blender and blend contents until smooth.
  • Separate into portions. I can get two BIG portions or three smaller ones, depending on how hungry I feel at the time!


This is how I made in pictures also:

Boil the chopped broccoli heads to soften.
Fry chopped onion, leek and peeled potato to soften.

Add broccoli, onion, leek, potato and stock to slow cooker.

One hour to go, add cheese triangles.

After 4 hours.

Cooled and ready to blend.

Blended and finished!
Enjoy making the soup and please let me know how you get on, or if you need to know anything else, you can ask me by commenting on this post or on my Instagram page.

Leanne x


1 comment:

  1. Sounds good especially using the Laughing Cow light blue cheese triangles. I've made cauli/broccoli soup his morning so going to try it with the cheese portions for tea 😋

    ReplyDelete