Wednesday 17 August 2016

Spaghetti Carbonara

This recipe is one of my favourites! It is simple and very quick to make and is 0 syns if using your healthy extra A! I found the original recipe on BBC good food, but tweaked it so it was Slimming World friendly and I can't wait to share it with you :)



Ingredients:

500g Dried Spaghetti
2 Eggs
4 Egg Yolks
2 Packs of bacon lardons
90g Parmesan  (30g per person HexA)
Garlic
Salt and Pepper

This was to feed 3 people, so you would need to adjust the amounts according to how many the meal had to serve.

Method:

  • Cook spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet.
  • Meanwhile, fry the bacon lardons and garlic using FryLight, adding a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
  • Whisk together the 2 eggs, 4 egg yolks, parmesan and seasoning.
  • Drain spaghetti and add to the egg/parmesan mixture along with the cooked bacon lardons.
  • Gently mix together to coat the spaghetti in the sauce. The heat from the spaghetti will cook the eggs in the sauce.
  • Serve and Enjoy :)


As I said, the dish is syn free if using your healthy extra A, but I will warn you that the bacon lardons can be a little fatty, what I usually do it pick through and have the ones without fat for myself, but you could use normal bacon that has had the fat removed and just cut this into small pieces.

Good luck and if you have any questions, comment on this post or get in touch with me on my Instagram.

Leanne x





No comments:

Post a Comment