Tuesday 13 September 2016

Meatball Pasta Bake

This recipe is becoming one of my favorites, it is quick and very simple to make, which is what I like! I have developed the recipe from Basementbakehouse's Meatball Sub recipe, which I have made also, but then changed it slightly so that I could save my HexB for lunch.

The Meatballs I used were from LiveLean, where you order your meat online, choose a delivery day and it is the best meat I have ever had! Even better all their meat is British, free range and grass fed. I have the slimming meat hamper which contains meat that is all 0 syns or very low syns. The bundle is currently £57.95 on the website, but I have a code that means you can get £5 off your first order, just type in: LIVELEAN-7404-CVF5S-TNCQ at the checkout :). The meatballs are 0.5 a syn for 2!!

I have previously done a blog post on the meat you get in the slimming meat hamper, and the syns of all the meat in there also, which can be found here.


Ingredients - To serve two people

400ml passata
2 tablespoons tomato puree
150ml boiling chicken stock
1 pack of meatballs (the LiveLean ones come in packs of 12)
2 tablespoons of mixed herbs
80g mozzarella (2 people's HexA)
Pasta

Method

  • Cook desired amount of pasta according to the packet instructions.
  • Fry the meatballs in a frying pan with frylight untill cooked through.
  • In a saucepan, mix together the passata, tomato puree, mixed herbs and chicken stock.
  • Bring to the boil and simmer for around 10 minutes.
  • Mix in meatballs and cook for another 5 minutes.
  • Mix with the cooked pasta, place in a oven proof dish and top with grated mozzarella.
  • Place in the oven at around 180 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
  • Serve with sides, I had salad with mine for speed.

Syn Value: 1.5 syns (for 6 LiveLean meatballs)

Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment